Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is very vital in providing opportunities for students to learn. ICT is changing education by providing teachers with tools to use in all spheres of their profession. And also, hoping to alleviate the educational crisis in South Africa. ICTs are changing the way the education system used to work by providing vast capabilities of which were previously unattainable due to some barriers.Major ICT integration barriers:
- Crime
- Poverty
- Population growth
- Decrease in economy
- Teacher-level barriers e.g. Lack of confidence, Lack of competence, Lack of resources, Resistance to change and negative attitude.
- School-level barriers e.g. Lack of time, Lack of effective training, Lack of accessibility, Lack of technical support.
As with any other programme or system, there are advantages and disadvantages of ICT as well. - Advantages: Increased attendance and better class management, more access to information, Teaching becomes more interesting, Skills development,
- Disadvantages: Inflexibility of software, attention only for technology, inappropriate use, inefficient preparation time.
According to my research, ICT will be an important tool used to enhance education for the next generation. Having being deprived the opportunity to face a computer due to certain circumstances, during my schooling years, I plan to deliver the best opposite of what I experienced. I will not allow children to pass my class with no little knowledge of a computer or any modern technology. I aim to strive for better education with ICT.
I THINK WE AS FUTURE TEACHERS ITS ABOUT TIME WE STAND UP AND FORCE THE GOVERNMENT TO RECTIFY THIS MISTAKE, BECAUSE IF WE DON'T NOBODY WILL AND THIS THINGS WILL CARRY ON FOR MANY YEARS TO COME
ReplyDelete